Friday, April 18, 2008

The First Week

Honestly speaking/typing/thinking, I don't know whether this week have passed at a fast pace or slow pace,all I know is that it have been a fufilling week;I get to learn a lot of things that I never thought I would get to learn!

Anyway, on Monday, I had my first drawing lesson in Poly ... The purpose of that lesson was to see objects in ways we had never looked at them before and drawed it out.

Confession: I was at lost when Nang-yih told the class about the instructions. Somehow, the 'instructions' seems so big so vauge. I think it's because I didn't took Arts for O'level and the last Art class I had was like 3 years ago?!. So yes, I was like a blur sotong >.<
Photobucket
So we had to make the model right ... from the template to the boxes, we need to put it together to make it looks like the character we chose.

I had a hard time choosing the character I want to do but in the end, I finally settle for Mac-a 8years old boy from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friend. ( Yes, I know, you are wondering what cartoon is that ...!)

So here's Mac :

Photobucket

and here's Mac and Bloo (the imaginary friend) :

Photobucket

My drawings:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


My attempt at shadings using fingers:

Photobucket

For the nights when I'm trying to complete this project, I listened to my sister's ipod non-stop.. I wish I have my own, in that way, I can listen to music as and when i want :


Photobucket


Photobucket


----- Finally, Thursday, the night before the model's submission -----


I was rushing like mad to finish making the model .. no, not really rushing but I was speeding up my progress. Nevertheless, I still put in equal efforts in making every single parts of the model


I was hungry at around 10+p.m. so i cooked Instant noodle for myself, hahaha :


Photobucket

Photobucket


Yummy, it's really tasty, hahaha =) Self-praising.!


At 11+p.m my brother is retiring to the bed to sleep so I have to move out from his room to the dining table outside. It's only there did I started to glued the templates into boxes and finally to my Mac Model.


Photobucket


I don't know why I didn't take much pictures during this progress but I guess I was too engrossed in the making.


For some reason, time seems to pass really fast and soon it's :


Photobucket


Ya, time files.


I think I take such a long time to assemble because the blue I use is really CMI! So the lesson learnt is, always use UHU glue!


Anyway at that time I have the rough model of Mac :


Photobucket

One Arm

Photobucket
Two Arm


Photobucket
Back View


From here, you will realise that Mac's expression is actually different from the final one, that's because the more I look at it, the more it look like a ghost so I changed it, then again the finally expression also reminds me of a person who haven't sleep for a long time ... =.=


Photobucket
A close-up

Photobucket

Different angle

Bloo, he's so god damn difficult to make (the assembling of that template), reason due to the 'wonderful' glue I used :


Photobucket

Despite using a plastic peg, the paper still wouldn't stick !!!


Photobucket

I even used this! lol, because I can't find superglue anywhere in the house and I can't make too much of noise as everyone else in the house is sleeping.


Anyway, a random pic I drew a long time ago on the whiteboard :


Photobucket
Nice? I guess so-so only, and I need to refer to the original graphic in order to draw to such a standard.


Well, I guess that's all, so I finally slept at 3.30 a.m that night.


Amazingly on Friday, I didn't feel tired at all, the only thing was, I kept yawning. HaHa


xoxo,

K

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yawning is sign of sleepiness. Go sleep lol. On the other hand, the Mac model looks great, and i think it would look better if you can give it fingers. But overall it looks really good =)